Wednesday, June 13, 2007

temple diods

Imagine something that affixed to my right temple near my eye/ear which basically is just a red or yellow light. Chemicals in our physiology, (pheromonal/dna) or even a toe triggered pedal, could activate either the red or yellow diod.

The idea would be for pleasure to be yellow, and anger to be red, this way, if you are interacting with someone in close proximity or quarters and you step on their toes accidentally, rather than let it slip because people aren’t always talking and communicating, if the light turned red, the other person might say- “Oh! what did I do to offend you?” with a non-egoist eagerness to learn what was interpreted as hurtful, so it doesn’t re-occur.

1 comment:

dannyglix said...

/edited for spelling

Lately, Ive been working in a shared and open space in close proximity to others. The way its configured, my desk is surrounded by everyone else. Ive noticed, there are these moments when I'm digesting a really significant email, or doing some intensively concentrated task, like analyzing a complex spec, and someone will just jut into my concentration zone, and remark about an unrelated variable, which will causes me to seethe, because it totally breaks my concentration. It sets me off track and I sod off on forums because I have lost the concentration I needed and I push off whatever I was doing for another time. I don't have an office door to shut out distractions, and it can be a bit unnerving. One little interruption, right smack when I have six things in my brain, and I cant ignore the question or Ill be considered rude, and anyway, now its in my brain lobe.

I wish I had a god damn diod with an activation button i can press, and when that shit is red, it means leave me the fuck alone.